Buying or Selling A Business
Lawyer For Buying Or Selling A Business In Lake Nona
The issues involved in buying or selling a Florida business depend greatly on how the business is owned. It can be a fairly simple transaction, or it can be very complex. In either case, it is wise to consult an experienced business transactions lawyer who can advise you on the specific legal steps to take to protect your interests.
At the Law Offices of David H. Trevett, P.L., our Lake Nona business law attorney is available to advise and represent current business owners as well as those intending to become owners. We also represent those interested in starting or purchasing a franchise.
Are You Considering Buying A Florida Business?
The purchasing side of a transaction is usually quite straightforward. Nevertheless, it is still critical to have a lawyer review the purchaser's documents so that he or she actually receives what he or she expects. Our law firm can help you with every issue that arises, including:
- Defining your acquisition criteria
- Reviewing operating information and obtaining financial summaries of prospective companies
- Making an offer on the business or negotiating a price
- Conducting a due diligence investigation
Experienced Attorney For Selling A Business
When you sell a business, there are a variety of issues to take into account:
- Is it an asset sale or a stock or membership sale?
- Are you assigning existing business contracts?
- Are there employment agreements that must be assigned to the new owner?
- Are there equipment leases that must be assigned over?
- Are there back taxes due?
- What are the debts and liabilities of the company?
- Will you assume any of these debts to satisfy them?
Most often, the company's partnership or operating agreement will spell out the details of how the owner is allowed to sell the business. Our law firm can review such agreements and advise you on the best way to proceed with the sale.
Arrange a consultation about buy and sell agreements by calling the Law Offices of David H. Trevett, P.L., at 407-802-1060 , or send us an email. Our law offices are conveniently located in the Citadel 1 Building close to the Orlando International Airport. We accept all major credit cards.